Need a professional breast cancer surgery specialist in Arlington, Texas?
DRP Surgery offers excellent and advanced breast surgery solutions at its medical facilities in the Arlington and Dallas areas in Texas. With innovative and performance-oriented cancer surgery medical equipment and facilities, our medical staff delivers the best breast cancer incision solutions keeping your health needs in mind.
Breast cancer surgery is a surgical procedure of successfully removing a breast tumor and a portion of surrounding normal tissue conserving the breast as much as possible
Breast cancer surgery options:
There are different types of breast cancer surgery that depend upon the amount of healthy tissues removed with the tumor. Some lymph nodes under the arm are usually removed to detect the presence of cancer cells. It helps the doctor plan further treatment after the surgery. Types of breast cancer surgery include:
- Lumpectomy (wide local excision): It is also referred to as breast-conserving therapy and is done to maintain a normal breast appearance when the surgery is over. Here, the surgeon removes the cancerous area with a surrounding margin of normal tissue. To treat the remaining breast tissues after surgery, radiation therapy is used. This sort of surgery is generally followed by radiation-assisted treatments.
- Partial or segmental mastectomy or quadrantectomy: In this type of surgery, more breast tissues are removed than a lumpectomy. Here, surgeons remove the cancerous area and a surrounding margin of normal tissues. The patients are given radiation therapy after the surgery.
- Total mastectomy: In this type of surgery, the entire breast is removed without removing any lymph nodes. It is done to prevent new cancer from developing. It is also possible when the cancer does not go to the lymph nodes. This sort of surgery is performed to treat in-situ, microinavasive, or stage IA breast cancers.
- Modified radical mastectomy: This surgery ensures removal of all breast tissues along with the nipple. Samples of lymph nodes are also taken to plan treatments.
- Radical mastectomy: In this type of surgery, all of the breast tissues are removed along with the nipple, lymph nodes in the armpit, and chest wall muscles. This procedure is rarely performed in the modern world.
The length of stay in medical centers and hospitals varies depending on the type of surgery performed. Basically, a lumpectomy is done on an outpatient basis. The patients surgically operated with this type of surgery can recover in a short-stay observation of the procedure is accomplished. Mastectomy or lymph node removal surgery usually requires a one- to two-night stay.
Whether you need a breast tumor surgery to detect mild or malignant cancer cells, DRP Surgery delivers you the best surgery solutions that help patients know the status of the breast cancer. At DRP Surgery, all surgical procedures are done under the supervision of Rajesh S Padmanabhan, MD, FACS, Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery.